Join us for wildlife and adventure! We are experienced local guides, knowledgeable in every facet of Yellowstone: wildlife, ecology, geology, history, hiking, ski and snowshoeing, and most of all FUN! Walking Shadow Ecology Tours of Yellowstone offers dynamic, customized tours for everyone. We are a year-round, family-owned business, and experts at accommodating every age and background. First-timer? Seasoned Yellowstone aficionado? We customize the experience for you.
Our intimate knowledge of the landscape means you’re bound for an unrivaled custom adventure. Whether day tripping and viewing outstanding wildlife from the road, or trekking into the backcountry, you’ll take away a sense of ownership for our public lands and a deeper connection to the natural world. We offer a Yellowstone education that’s lively and relevant!
Consider the options:
- View bears, wolves and other local wildlife! We'll show you how and where to look for the continent's most sought-after animals. Powerful spotting scopes bring the animals (safely!) to your eye.
- Explore geysers and hot springs, and understand the rumblings beneath your feet in the world's largest active volcano.
- Day hike with a Naturalist Guide trained in bear safety and Wilderness First Aid.
- Ski or snowshoe in a winter wonderland, amid the quiet glades and forests of Yellowstone’s Northern Range.
- Enjoy an outdoor education expert's drop-in lecture, or let us design your program's curriculum and itinerary.
- We adhere to Leave No Trace principles, emphasizing a light footprint and respect for the wilderness we are visiting.
- We pride ourselves on science-based, place-based, outdoor education catering to private groups, families, students, Scouts, youth groups, university programs and all those seeking a more meaningful and authentic experience in Yellowstone.