Child Care Connections advocates for the well-being and quality care of children by supporting early childhood professionals, families and the communities we serve.
Child Care Connections was founded in 1987 to respond to the growing need for child care as women with young children entered the workforce in large numbers. We are the only Child Care Resource and Referral agency serving the communities of Gallatin, Park, Broadwater, Lewis and Clark, Meagher, and Jefferson counties. Since our inception, CCC has striven to improve the quality of child care in order to support the developmental needs of young children.
CCC works to improve access to child care across difficult to serve populations such as infants, children with special needs, low-income families, minority children and families who need part-time care. Our program is the area resource for employer supported child care. Through child care policy initiatives, community needs assessments, and market analysis, CCC has been actively involved in community education and advocacy regarding the early childhood profession, which includes issues related to child care licensing, compensation and professional recognition.
Child Care Connections supports quality child care through:
- Financial assistance to families with low-income to help with the cost of child care
- Nutrition education for child care providers
- Early childhood professional development and technical support for child care providers
- Child safety initiatives by supplying bike helmets, child car seats, and performing car seat safety checks by certified technicians
- Family and community outreach
- Referrals for child care and community services
- Public policy education