On Monday, June 13th, 2022 dangerous and destructive flooding occurred on the Yellowstone and Gardner rivers. The flooding, which was fueled by heavy rainfall and snowmelt, heavily damaged or destroyed roads, bridges, and property in the northern region of Yellowstone National Park and surrounding communities. Gardiner Montana was affected and is in the process of recovering from this disaster.
To all of those local and afar that have donated their time, efforts, resources, food, money, etc. thank you, our community is forever indebted to you.
Update June 25, 2022 @ 12:00 PM
APPLY NOW! Tourism Reliant Business Flood Assistance Grants from the Montana Department of Commerce!
Tourism Reliant Business Flood Assistance Grants have been created in response to the economic impact to tourism reliant businesses in Montana affected by the historic flooding in the counties of Carbon, Park and Stillwater. On June 14th, the Governor issued Executive Order No. 4-2022 declaring an emergency or disaster.
Funds can be used for: Grants will provide working capital for small businesses to support payroll, rent, accounts payable, debt services and expenses related to shifts in operations in order to retain and restore existing businesses, current employees or business viability for future re-employment.
Maximum award: The maximum award available per applicant is up to 2 months of working capital or $25,000, whichever is less.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, businesses must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Montana-based company and located in Carbon, Park or Stillwater Counties per Executive Order 4-2022
- Registered and in good standing with the Secretary of State or Local Tribal Governments.
- Tourism reliant business. Tourism reliant business may include but not limited to:
o Gasoline Stations
o Retail sales
o Auto rental
o Private campground/RV park
o Visitor support services
- The business must have sustained a loss of revenue, employees and/or bookings due to the flooding disaster of June, 2022.
- Nonprofit entities
- Online-only businesses
- Farming that does not generate significant revenue from agritourism activities
Application Review: Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Owners of multiple businesses must have a separate tax identification number, separate tax filing, separate Secretary of State filing, and employees unique to each business.The highest priority for funding will be directed to small businesses where flooding has caused a significant impact to their tourism reliant business.
Update June 22, 2022 @ 5:45 PM
Gardiner is open and our water is safe! Gardiner’s water has been deemed safe for consumption by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality.Homes, restaurants, and other structures that are connected to Gardiner’s public water supply can resume normal use. Structures connected to private wells should follow Health Department guidance.
SATURDAY: Gardiner MARC 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM at Gardiner Public Schools 510 Stone St.. Stay tuned for more details but please block off this time now.
Update June 20, 2022 @ 10:00 PM
From The Gardiner Community Incident Command Team regarding resources and information, updated June 20, 2022:
Yellowstone National Park Community Call: A Gardiner/Cooke City/ Silver Gate Community call will take place Wednesday, June 22 from 12-1pm. This is NOT a reoccurring meeting. Future meeting dates will be shared at a later time.
Phone: (202) 640-1187
Saturday June 25 2 PM - 5 PM Gardiner MARC (Multi-Agency Resource Center): Gardiner will have its own MARC June 25, 2022. When the Chamber is provided with this official information it will be released. The SWMT COAD (Southwest Montana Communities Active in Disasters) has been working with the Incident Command Team to put this together so that it is the most beneficial to the Gardiner businesses and residents impacted by this disaster. We strongly encourage you to ONLY attend the Gardiner event so that you receive the most accurate and specific Gardiner information.
Well Water: If you have a private well in Gardiner that was directly affected by flood waters you may pick up a testing kit from the Gardiner Chamber of Commerce, 216 Park St. on Tuesday June 21 beginning at 9 am. When you pick up your testing kit you will receive two pieces of paper communicating how to complete the test. The test kits are free but there is a fee to have Bridger Analytical Lab complete the tests. IMPORTANT: Samples must be less than 24 hours old. Your samples can be dropped off to the Park County Health Department, 414 Callender St, Livingston, MT 59047 before noon on Wednesday, June 22nd, and they will be taken to the lab in Bozeman or you can drop them off at the Bridger Analytical Lab any day of the week. If you have any questions please contact Park County Health Department 406-222-4145
Gardiner Community Newsletter: Published weekly on Wednesday. Distributed via email, available on www. VisitGardinerMT.com, and physical copies at the Gardiner Market, Gardiner Town Station Conoco, Gardiner Sinclair, and Gardiner Chamber of Commerce. Information on community resources and fundraising events will be released in the Newsletter as able. To sign up for the Gardiner Community Newsletter please click here.
Disaster & Emergency Services (DES) Property Damage Form: If you had personal property damage, even if you lost river bank due to erosion, please fill out this form: DES PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGE FORM: HTTPS:// DES.MT.GOV/
Gardiner Businesses: If you are a business operating within Gardiner has been impacted by this catastrophic event, regardless if you are a member of the Gardiner Chamber or not, please fill out the following form: GARDINER FLOOD 2022: BUSINESS IMPACT INFORMATION It is essential to gather information in one central place. Please forward this information to other businesses.
Public Information: There is a phone line set up for the Park County 2022 Flooding Incident: 406-222-4131. Call with questions and needs. The Gardiner Incident Command Team .
- Park County Flooding - June 2022: is the official page of the Park County Emergency Operations Center for the June 2022 Yellowstone River floods. Please follow this page for up-to-date information. Information specific to Gardiner is being posted to this page. If you have friends and loved ones without Facebook, please help disseminate the information as needed.
Public Information distribution – Visit Gardiner MT (Gardiner Chamber of Commerce) will post information to the Gardiner Mammoth Community Message Board as able. We will also post paper information for those not able to access the internet at the Gardiner Chamber of Commerce, Gardiner Sinclair, Gardiner Market, and Gardiner District Ranger Station.
- Interested in Volunteering: If you are interested in volunteering services, housing, food, equipment, etc. please fill out this Google form: Gardiner Flooding 2022 Volunteer Interest Form. The established point of contact will reach out to you as soon as they are able.
- Saturday June 25, 2022 @ 8 AM: Let’s get together and clean up Hwy 89 from the Rodeo Grounds to Arch Park. pick up trash, pull weeds, sweep sidewalks, and more! After Clean up at Arch Park: community potluck, cookies, games (cornhole, ladder golf, etc.). Contact: Aimee Dawson (406) 451-6050 Email: [email protected]
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out this form from the Park County Environmental Council
- Business information: We are working with multiple governmental, federal, and local organizations regarding assistance. As soon as more information is available it will be released in the newsletter and sent to Chamber Members. Please distribute through your channels at that time.
- Public Information: There is a phone line set up for the Park County 2022 Flooding Incident: 406-222-4131. Call with questions and needs.
- Medication: Park Country Emergency Services will not coordinate delivery of medicines to Gardiner. If you still need help acquiring medications, please call for assistance at 406-222-4131.
- Food delivery: Trucks have been able to get to Gardiner and the Gardiner Market is well-stocked.
- Gardiner retail food update: According to the Park County Health Department and 2013 FDA Model Food Code (§5-101.12), due to “boil advisory”, all food from retail food establishments connected to the Gardiner Water District must be pre-packaged or canned. No open food or open drinks may be served due to risk of water contamination.
- Housing: If you are in need of housing the Gardiner Baptist Church is available to help. Please call Pastor Britton Grey at 406-223-4478.